A New Resolution
It’s been 30 days since the new year began. Can you believe it? Wow! Time does fly by fast, doesn’t it? According to a recent article form U.S. News, “approximately 80% of resolutions fail by the second week of February.” Did you set a new year’s resolution? If so, how’s it going? If not, allow me to suggest one for you that I’m sure will result in blessings beyond measure. Resolve to building stronger relationships with those closest to you: your family members. The Bible from the onset tells us that the biggest blessing God has ever given is that of family (see Gen 1:27-28; Psalm 127). It also indicates that the family has been the Devil’s favorite battleground from the beginning, even until today (Gen 3:1-8; Job 1). That’s why the Bible is riddled with counsels on how to preserve this God-ordained institution (Exo 20:8-12; Pro 1:8; 22:6; Col 3:20; Eph 6:1-2; etc.). In 2019, the Seventh-day Adventist Church world-wide is celebrating 100 years of organized ministry focused on the family. A special sharing book titled “Hope for Today’s Families” has been published specifically to reach out to families with the message of hope so much needed today. Each one of you will be receiving a complimentary copy on February 9 during our worship hour. Don’t miss out on this blessing and feel free to invite your friends and neighbors to receive this special gift as well. Along with that our church has decided to join in celebrating the blessings of family throughout 2019 by sponsoring a number of programs and resources specifically for families to solidify the hope we have in Jesus. Stay tuned and make arrangements to take advantage of these special programs and don’t forget to invite your friends, co-workers, and neighbors! Together we will build a bond that will sustain us through these times until we see the realization of our Blessed Hope in Jesus Christ our Lord. May God find us faithful! Maranatha!
Pastor Richard Piñero
I close my eyes and take a deep breath; the smell of campfire smoke is on the air. I hear loved ones talking and laughing. I open my eyes and smile since our Fall Church Camping trip is finally here! The group is full of excitement and joy as we begin our weekend of worship and bonding. There’s something special about bringing in the Sabbath by singing praises to our Lord while sitting around a campfire surrounded by nature and friends. Getting up Sabbath morning to breakfast over an open fire, forming a circle of camp chairs as we sing praises and open The Word of God in study. Sharing a picnic style potluck, enjoying Sabbath afternoon activities, and closing Sabbath together. My soul rejoices in the knowledge of the soon coming of our Lord when every day will be like a Camping Sabbath! I pray God let us reach all so they can come and join with us before it’s too late!
Board Meeting: Sunday, January 13, 2019 @ 9:30am
Children’s Ministries Convention @ Cohutta Springs Life Center: February 8-10
A training event for ADULTS. Theme is “Heaven Bound”. Be sure to sign up for this weekend full of encouraging messages, informative workshops and awesome giveaways! For more info please visit this link.
“Thirsty For You” Prayer Conference @ Cohutta Springs Conf. Center: Feb 15-17
With guest speaker James Shires, President of the Oklahoma Conference. Learn more and register here or call 706-629-7951 ext 340.
For the month of February
February 2: Pastor Beniamin Cinca
February 9: Pastor Richard Piñero
February 16: Phil Del Rocco
February 23: Pastor Richard Piñero
Weekly Friday Night Bible Study @ 7pm Adult & Youth Led
Alice Wells – Feb 4th
Barbara Earl – Feb 5th
Luke Hickman – Feb 6th
Dominic Nieves – Feb 6th
Curt Godwin – Feb 9th
Zachary Thielmann – Feb 10th
Christian Wright – Feb 10th
Cameron Hodges – Feb 11th
Samantha Winland – Feb 14th
Daniel Earl – Feb 16th
James Allen – Feb 19th
Kevin Manestar – Feb 25th
Marylin Fleming – Feb 27th
Matthew Munson – Feb 27th
Pat Evans – Feb 28th
Jacob Godfriaux – Feb 28th
Nicholas Godfriaux – Feb 28th
February 4: Wayne and Helen Cagle
If we've missed someone please let us know!
Be Still - Helen Cagle
9 BIBLE VERSES TO HELP WHEN YOU’RE STRUGGLING WITH GUILT
We all make mistakes, and God’s Word says we all have sinned. No matter how you came to your situation or how long you’ve carried that distressing burden of guilt, God is ready with the solution. His arms are outstretched to you. Look at all He will do for you …
1. “For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved” (John 3:17). It’s not God’s purpose to condemn you; it’s His desire to take away your sins, to keep you from sin, and to save you through Jesus Christ.
2. “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus not only died for your sins, He took your sins upon Himself so He could give you His righteousness—His right standing with God.
3. “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace” (Ephesians 1:7). Through the sacrificial death of Christ, you are given forgiveness and salvation as a free gift.
4. “ ‘Come now, and let us reason together,’ ” says the Lord, ‘Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool’ ” (Isaiah 1:18). God invites you to talk it over with Him, and He promises an outcome of great relief for you!
5. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). All you need to do is tell God where you went wrong, that you are sorry, and He will take care of everything else and wash it away—transforming you into a new creature.
6. “For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more” (Hebrews 8:12). In His great mercy, God erases your sin from His memory!
7. “As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us” (Psalm 103:12). It gives you a wonderful feeling of freedom to be separated from your sins and joined with God.
8. “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit” (Romans 8:1). If you follow Jesus and stay true to Him, you don’t have to worry about the judgment; your guilt is a thing of the past.
9. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17). In addition to cleansing away all of your sins through the blood of the Lamb, God gives you a brand-new life—a new heart that will help keep you from sinning again.
Why not go to God right now and accept His wonderful gift of forgiveness through Jesus Christ? You have nothing to lose and eternity to gain!
Taken from AmazingFacts.org, click here to go to their page: Amazing Facts
By WHO?? IF YOU CAN SEE THIS STOP PLAYING WITH MY TERRIBLE HIDING METHODS
Bible Study Update